I am so beyond excited to bring you my first interview for the DIY Small Business podcast with the wonderful Elinor Predota! Elinor was also on the Daydreaming Wolves podcast and has such beautiful insights to share about what it means to build businesses that are aligned with our values. Here is what we talked about:
- Building a small business against and beyond capitalism
- Elinor’s background of working in cooperatives
- The emotional labour involved in re-thinking our relationship to power and leadership
- Ways of building sustainable and regenerative communities and how that is related to how we trade with each other
- Personal freedom and collective liberation
- Cycles and transformations in business instead of constant growth
Elinor supports people who long to make action for social justice an everyday part of their life and work, but who feel stuck, confused, or overwhelmed, to build their inner resources of resilience, awareness of self, society and environment, and confidence.
Elinor offers one to one, group and DIY programmes which are grounded in a long and wide-ranging background in activism, community development, spiritual counselling, ritual work, storytelling, and facilitation of learning. Elinor’s work is rooted in the magic of creativity, of relating across difference, and of becoming alive to all that is present, within and without us, here and now.
Here is the link to the Business Beyond Capitalism conversations Elinor is offering: https://elinorpredota.com/business-beyond-capitalism/
Here is Elinor’s website: https://elinorpredota.com/ and this is her Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/elinorpredota
You can learn more about the DIY Small Business School + Community here: https://yarrowdigital.com/diy-business-magic-live/