Join a community of like minded small business owners who really get what you’re experiencing.
Learn everything you need to know to sustainably build your business, step by step.
Receive the inspiration, support and accountability you deserve.
The DIY Business School is an eight module course and a community on Mighty Networks that supports you in starting and building a business on your own terms – aligned with your values, with a focus on sustainability and with community and collaboration at its core.
Our core values
Who I am and why I created this program
I already wanted to work for myself as a teenager, but it took me another decade of shitty office jobs, underpaid childcare work and late nights to finally take the leap and let go of employment. I can honestly say that I have never looked back.
In the last four years I have supported hundreds of small business owners through courses, live workshops and heartfelt 1:1 support in building successful online platforms. I started out as a writer and web designer and I sincerely love my role as a tech fairy and software magician, which gives my programs a solid grounding in all things software and systems.
I love taking folks behind the scenes to show them exactly what I am doing to grow my business and let things run smoothly and it’s important to me to also talk about self-care and authentic goals.
The DIY Business School is exactly what I would have needed when I started out – comprehensive step by step training, a community of like minded small business owners, gentle accountability through monthly group coaching and live workshops as well as a good mix of mindset work, software systems and how to guides at a fair price.
I really appreciate how down-to-earth, real and simple your approach is, it feels like a breath of fresh air -actually, like a deep, deep exhale, taking so much of the pressure of this ‘online thing’ off..I have been through most of the DIY Business Magic course, and it’s felt so nourishing and supportive, which is very different to past experiences I’ve had with business courses. I wish yours was the first course I’d taken, it would have saved me a lot of obsessing over doing things a certain way…!
What you get
How the DIY Business School can support you
- Tune out the noise and get clear on what you actually want from your business and why you’re doing this work
- Receive all the information and training you’ll need in order to build solid software systems that will support your growth and save you time, money and headaches
- Become part of a thriving community of small business owners with similar goals and values
- Receive gentle accountability and encouragement
- Put structures in place that will support you in following through with what you set out to achieve
- Learn how to market your offerings in a fair, transparent and accessible way
The DIY Business School isn’t currently open for enrolment, BUT I am running a giveaway that gets the winner lifetime access as well as five hours of personal mentoring with me. If you take part you’ll be the first to hear when the school opens in early August and you’ll get a huge early bird discount!
A closer look at the video trainings
Module 1 – Welcome + how to work with this program
- How and where to start
- Mapping your unique journey
- How to navigate Mighty Networks
Module 2 – Intentions, values and dreams
- What do you love doing?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What values are underpinning your business?
Module 3 - Creating sustainable + exciting offerings
- Putting together offerings that are sustainable, accessible and fair
- Thinking about generosity, boundaries and worth
- Understanding what makes you unique
Module 4 – Social media, podcasting + blogging
- Identifying the right platforms and creating spaces you truly love being in
- Finding your voice and telling your story
- Growing an excited, engaged audience
Module 5 - Web Design + Branding
- Understanding what branding is and why it matters
- Finding colours, fonts and graphics that communicate your message
- Creating an online platform that serves your dreams
Module 6 – Copy writing + story telling
- Writing copy that is honest, engaging and successful in supporting your goals
- Finding your unique way of telling stories
- Getting organised around your copy writing
Module 7 - Your foundation + software systems
- Thinking about what systems you need in place to feel truly grounded
- Comparing options and creating affordable systems
- Connecting all the moving pieces together
Module 8 – Building a newsletter list
- Why independence from social media platforms matters
- Choosing the right newsletter provider and setting opt in forms up
- Growing your list
Module 9 - Launching a new offering
- Spreading the word for what you’re offering in ethical, transparent ways
- Getting organised and creating a timeline for your launch
- Utilising your newsletter, social media platforms, guest content and giveaways
Module 10 – Building a Patreon to support your business and community
- How Patreon can offer your audience an affordable way to support your work
- Setting your account up the right way
- Creating exciting tiers and promotions
Module 11 - Self-care for entrepreneurs
- Creating boundaries around your time and energy
- Setting your workspace up for success and managing your time
- Finding rituals and positive habits to support your intuition and wellbeing
How much time will I need to set aside to participate?
It’s totally up to you! If you have plenty of time you can really dive deep and make huge progress through the program but you can also just go at your own pace if you have other commitments. We’ll meet for an hour each month and there are always chats on Mighty Networks, but you can also watch the workshop replay if you can’t make it to the calls.
Why is this so cheap?
I have chosen an affordable Patreon model because I want to build a community in which everyone chips in what they can and everyone gets what they need. You are totally welcome to pledge more – in fact that would be much appreciated!
How is the course being delivered?
All course units are available in one place on Mighty Networks – this is also where you’ll find the replays from our live calls. For the calls we’ll use Zoom so that everyone who wants to be seen can turn their video on and see each other in the gallery view.
Is this a long term commitment?
No, you can cancel or adjust your pledge any time. I am just asking that you support my work for as long as you feel you are benefitting from it.
I need more support, what can I do?
I am offering a limited number of monthly 1:1 mentoring spots through the Patreon – if this is something you know you’ll benefit from you can pledge $66 for as long as you want my support.